Archives for carbon monoxide

The Silent Killer

When you think of things that can make you sick you likely think of the flu or massive outdoor pollution.  What you probably don’t think of is carbon monoxide, which can make you even sicker than the flu–it can kill you if you’re exposed to high enough amounts.  Exposure to small amounts of carbon monoxide can mimic other illnesses such as food poisoning or the flu with nausea, headaches, and dizziness. Carbon monoxide is invisible, tasteless, and doesn’t have a scent, so it’s impossible to tell the level in your home by just using your senses.  Detectors are the only
Read More