10 Ways Your Humidifier Will Help This Winter
Sick and tired of the freezing winter air making your family uncomfortable. With help from an Indoor Air Quality expert and a whole house humidifier your family will begin to see all kinds of benefits! Here’s a list of 10 ways a humidifier can help with your health, skin and home this winter:
- Battle Infections: by added moisture in the air of your home it will make it more difficult for bacteria and viruses to travel. Halting the way that these toxins travel can make a big difference on the health of your family.
- Improve Skin: humidifiers help to add moisture to the air which helps to give you softer vibrant skin and avoid dry cracking skin that usually pops up in the winter.
- Increase Healing: humidifiers help to keep air moisture in the air to keep nasal passage dampen disallowing bacteria and viruses from taking up shop in your home. Keeping things moist will help to speed up the healing process.
- Protect Wood: often times flooring companies will require in the warranty for the homeowner to have a humidifier installed in their home. Humidity in the air helps to prevent wood furnishings from splitting or cracking.
- Improve Sinus Issues: nasal passages can become dry and itchy in the cold winter air; however, with help from a humidifier added moisture in the air can help alleviate uncomfortable sinus issues.
- Sleep Better: added moisture to the air will help if your loved one sharing the bed with you keeps you up through the night with their snoring. Regulating the humidity in your home will reduce snoring and ultimately help you sleep better.
- Rid Raspy Morning Voice: if you find it to be a common occurrence of waking up sounding like a growling bear, a whole house humidifier can help! Your growling crackling voice is due to dry air drying out your vocal cords especially if you tend to sleep with your mouth open or are a snorer.
- Lower Heating Bill: humidifiers help to reduce cost of your heating bill in the winter. Humidifiers help to add moisture to the house which will also make it feel warmer. With the help from the added moisture to keep you warm in the winter, you’ll be more apt to set your furnace to a lower temperature and ultimately reduce your heating bill.
- Help Houseplants: if you are someone who had a difficult time remembering to water your houseplants a humidifier can help to keep soil fresh and help to avoid droopy or crunchy leaves.
- Less Shocks: if you find yourself getting shocked when you walk around your house or have more static in your hair it usually because the humidity in the air is too low. Adding a whole house humidifier to your home with help from an Indoor Air Quality expert will cause fewer electric shocks.
For any HVAC or plumbing repairs, installations, indoor air quality, architectural metal or pest help the BELOMAN is here to save the day! Believe in the BELOMAN way! We’re the only HVAC and plumbing company in the Metro East to receive the 2016 Better Business Bureau TORCH Award. The award honors excellent commitment to customer service through exceptional standards for ethical business practices.