5 Interesting Facts About Indoor Air
Since 1970 homes have been built more equip to conserve energy as well as include accessories to improve the air quality of the indoor space. The average person typically spends 90% of their time indoors! Since so much of our time is spent inside it’s important to know how the quality could be affecting your family’s health. With a quick call to BELOMAN we’ll put you in touch with one of our indoor air quality experts to help determine the best solution for your specific home and begin making improvements!
- Indoor air can be up to 1,000x more polluted than outdoor air: on average indoor air is 2-5x more polluted than the outdoors with no matter to the area you live in. Levels can even reach an astonishing 1,000x more polluted than outdoors especially several hours after certain remodeling projects such as stripping paint.
- Indoor air pollution usually isn’t obvious: when fumes are present it’s easy to detect; however, many symptoms from respiratory diseases, heart disease and cancer won’t show up until years after exposure.
- 1 in 15 homes may be contaminated with elevated levels of odorless natural gas: the odorless natural gas we’re referring to here is Radon. Radon is a natural, colorless, odorless radioactive gas released from uranium in soil, rock and water break downs. It then seeps into homes through cracking in the walls, foundation or floor drains.
- Allergies, asthma, lung cancer and heart problems have all been linked to poor air quality: the American Heart Association has linked poor air quality to heart problems while the American Lung Association lists it as a leading cause of lung cancer.
- The EPA has ranked indoor air pollution among the top five environmental dangers: the Environmental Protection Agency has recognized that poor air pollution is such a real problem that so many are faced with that they have decided to rank it among the top
- environmental dangers the public faces.
Make your home a #BELOMAN home today! If you would like further information please give us a call at (618) B-E-L-O-M-A-N or visit our Contact Us page. We would love to help you today! For any HVAC or plumbing repairs, installations, indoor air quality, sheet metal/fabrication or pest solution help give us a call. Like always, the #BELOMAN is here to save the day! We’re the only HVAC and plumbing company in the Metro East to receive the Better Business Bureau TORCH Award. The award honors excellent commitment to customer service through exceptional standards for ethical business practices.