6 Indicators an HVAC System Should Be On Your Wish List
So, you’ve gone through the stages of the holiday season…started listening to Christmas music, thought about your baking schedule, and created your wish list, but have you asked yourself if an HVAC system should make an appearance on that list? The big question is always whether to repair or to replace! Here are 6 signs that your HVAC system is nearing the end of the repair phase, entering into the replace phase, and should make its way onto your wish list this year:
- Your System Is Over A Decade Old: If properly maintained, an average system lasts 10-15 years. If you’re on the fence about repairing or replacing and it is over a decade old it might be a better investment to make the purchase and replace now if you are experiencing continuous repairs needed!
- Unusual Smells: Unusual smells can actually be pretty normal and usually be caused by dust burning; however, there are some instances when the smells can be caused by something more serious. If the unusual smell you are experiencing is from wires being burned away it is definitely time to put an HVAC system at the top of your wish list.
- Your Energy Bills Are Increasing: Increasing energy bills are also a sign to replace. As systems age they become less efficient and will start costing you more money. These days there are systems specifically made to be energy efficient!
- You Are Hearing Odd Sounds: In most cases a well maintained system should operate quietly; however, there are a few instances when noises can be present and not mean anything. On the contrary, there are also odd sounds which can indicate harmful grinding or other damage being done. If you’re hearing a sound it might be a good idea to call a technician and have the problem addressed before it damages your whole system! If this happens to be the case, it just may be time to add it to the ol’ wish list!
- There’s A Safety Issue Present: As with anything, if there is a safety issue present you should address the problem ASAP. Safety issues that might be present could include an oil leak or frayed wiring. If you are seeing these safety concerns it’s probably a good idea to look into your replacement options!
- It Has Broken Down In The Past: If the technician knows you by your first name and you’ve had multiple repairs done in a short amount of time it could be a good indicator to start looking into replacing your system. #Wishlist
Are you thinking you meet the standards for the 6 situations listed above? For any HVAC or plumbing repairs, installations, or pest solutions give us a call. Like always, the #BELOMAN is here to help! For all of your HVAC & plumbing needs give us a call at (618) BEL-OMAN or visit our website here! BELIEVE IN THE BELOMAN WAY! We’re the only HVAC and plumbing company in the Metro East to receive the Better Business Bureau TORCH Award for ethics. The award honors excellent commitment to customer service through exceptional standards for ethical business practices.