6 Signs Your Garbage Disposal Needs Help!
Wouldn’t it be nice if your home improvement investments could last forever? Although we all hope and pray that problems won’t arise, the reality is that some things just don’t go as planned. The same holds true to your garbage disposal. One day you may be extremely happy with its fully functioning ways and the next day you’re rushing to the phone to call BELOMAN to help fix a leaking mess. Don’t worry too much though because that’s what we’re always here for! Here are 6 indicators that it’s time to call a trained and licensed plumber for help:
- It’s on but not making any noise: sometimes it may be the case that your disposal is so quiet that you can’t hear it; however, if you can tell it isn’t grinding –there’s your sign!
- It’s leaking: leaks are more apt to occur around areas that connector parts are used. If you notice water under the disposal it means there’s a hole present or something loose. In this situation it’s best to call for a plumber at BELOMAN.
- It’s draining slowly: if your patience has ran thin standing and watching it drain at the speed of molasses—don’t worry! In this case it’s typically a clogging problem which can be easily fixed.
- It’s jammed: did you flip the switch for food to enter the disposal and suddenly hear loud alarming noises? Houston we have a jam! Rather than switching it on and off in attempt to fix the jam, call for assistance to avoid wreaking havoc to internal parts and costing more money in the long run.
- It stinks: no one wants to be known for having the stinky kitchen! How inviting is that to guests? Not. At. All. Stinky garbage disposals are typically because the food isn’t being chopped correctly which in most cases is due to a problem with the blades.
- It isn’t working at all: if you’ve tried everything but things still aren’t improving it may be time to have a new garbage disposal installed. If you know this is the case then be sure to call a professional plumber at BELOMAN to assist with the more complex steps of the install!
For help with any of the above techniques simply give us a call today! Believe in the BELOMAN way! We’re the only HVAC and plumbing company in the Metro East to receive the Better Business Bureau TORCH Award. The award honors excellent commitment to customer service through exceptional standards for ethical business practices. Don’t just take our word for it—trust your friends, family, neighbors and co-workers leaving us 1,300+ 5-star reviews!