Go Green By Saving Some Green
Air conditioning season is quickly approaching! While there are horrible horror stories out there of people being charged hundreds of dollars a month just to stay cool we’re here to help you find ways to reduce your costs while staying comfortable. We’ve come up with a list of 5 easy ways you can go green by saving some green this spring!
- Utilize nature to its fullest extent: the location of your house to the angle of the sun at its peak time can have something to do with your AC constantly running. Planting trees near windows where sun is known to beam inside can definitely help. You can also ensure blinds are closed during these peak times of sunlight. These quick fixes will help reduce the amount of sun/heat entering your home which will reduce the amount of energy your AC uses.
- Use a programmable thermostat: using a programmable thermostat helps by monitoring your home’s temperature even while you are out. For times when you are at work or away on vacation simply set the programmable thermostat to avoid paying to run your system with no one inside.
- Make sure your filters are clean: in order for your HVAC system to continually run efficiently you should always make sure your filters are clean. When filters become dirty your AC is more likely to operate less efficiently. When your AC is operating less efficiently the amount of energy needed will be higher.
- Unplug all electronics not in use: even though electronics are not being used, but are still plugged in, they are still consuming “Vampire Power”. This occurs when electricity is used even when something is in hibernation mode. Microwaves, DVD players, and laptop chargers are all culprits of consuming “Vampire Power”. Unplug any cords not in use to start saving money!
- Have an energy audit of your home: when you feel like you have tried everything you could possible try by yourself, give an energy saving expert a call! They’ll be able to observe your home to determine where you are losing money and where you could start saving energy and money.
For help with any of the above techniques simply give us a call to start going green by saving some green. We know high utility bills are definitely not fun…let us help you! “If Comfort Is Your Plan, Call the BELOMAN!” Visit our website here!