How to Tell If Your Furnace Needs a Tune-Up Today!
To tune-up or not to tune-up that is the question! In all actuality, to tune-up is the best bet! Ensuring your unit is bi-annually tuned up can save you a lot of headache and aggravation should a decision present itself during the extreme temperatures. If you are unsure if your furnace should be tuned up today we’ve come up with a list of 5 quick ways to help make your decision easier!
- No heat: if you are turning your furnace on and are not experiencing any heat this is definitely a clear indicator to have your furnace serviced and tuned up today!
- Carbon Monoxide detector is alerting you: if you have gas appliances or a gas furnace in your home and your detector is going off it is a good idea to make sure to follow certain steps. First turn off all gas appliances, open windows to ventilate, leave the house then call the fire department or a HVAC professional to help.
- Increase in utility bill: if you are noticing an increase in your utility bill it could be because your furnace is not running as efficiently and is nearing the end of its life cycle and should be examined.
- Loud sounds heard when furnace starts: as with all loud sounds they can be very alarming! Your furnace should run rather quietly, so if you are experiencing odd sounds it’s a good idea to have a HVAC professional diagnose and tune-up your system today!
- A strong fuel smell is present: if a strong fuel smell is present it should definitely be looked at sooner rather than later. You could be experiencing a gas leak that should be addressed! A strong fuel smell is a good way to tell if your furnace needs serviced and tuned up today. P.S. if you DO smell a strong fuel smell you should exit your home immediately and seek help!
Hopefully these 5 indicators will help you feel more confident whether or not you are in need to have your furnace serviced and tuned up today. BELOMAN has been servicing the Metro East for 60 years. Make your home a #BELOMANhome today. We offer heating, cooling, plumbing, indoor air quality, home energy efficiency and pest solution services to make your family’s home more comfortable. Check out our website here or give us a call at (618) BEL-OMAN!