Do you have a hunch that your furnace is not operating to its 100% potential and is failing at keeping your family warm? Have you questioned whether the current odd mishap of your furnace is one that will need to be looked at by a professional? Have you been staring at the phone wondering if it’s the right time to call in BELOMAN we are here to help! Below are 10 signs your furnace may be failing and need to be checked out by a professional!
- You’ve ignored proper bi-annual maintenance: without proper maintenance you are escaping check-ups to make sure everything is running properly and efficiently. By opting out of bi-annual maintenance you may ruin the risk of your furnace slowly deteriorating.
- You hear constant cycling: cycling means it is running more often than it should be. This is usually an indicator of a few possible problems. A trained technician will be able to check certain areas such as the filter or thermostat to determine if it actually is a small problem or a tougher obstacle to tackle.
- Water around the furnace: this is probably not as big of an issue as it may appear although it is a sign that at the current time your furnace is failing at operating to its 100% potential and should be looked at by a trusted and trained professional.
- Utility bills are sky rocketing: did you receive your recent utility bill and blown away by an unexpectedly high dollar figure due? This is a good indicator that your furnace is not operating as efficiently as it could be. Often times when a furnace begins losing its efficiency it’s a sign that it’s losing life and slowing failing at the current time.
- Smell of gas: the smell of gas is a problem that will need to be dealt with by a local HVAC company and possibly your gas company. If you smell gas you should evacuate your family and pets from the home to ruin risk of health issues.
- You heard a loud sound: yes, your furnace may make rather odd sounds from time to time; however, any loud abnormal sounds that continue to stick around should be looked at by a technician.
- Age is an issue: the average life expectancy of a furnace is around the 20 year mark; however, there are a few situations in which it might fail early or even miraculously live until 40 years. The life of the furnace like all things depends on how well it’s taken care of. An aging issue could be the culprit of your failing furnace.
- The air blows weak: if your furnace is turning on but not blowing the correct amount of air from the vents this is also a sign of a currently failing furnace. Often times improper air flow indicates a problem with the fan belt, fan motor or a dust issue within your ductwork.
- Your thermostat malfunctions: your thermostat is used to communicate to the furnace what you are wanting the desired temperature to be. If it begins to malfunction by not properly following commands it’s a good indicator that you have a problem that should be address once you contact BELOMAN!
- Cold air instead of warm air: if you’re expecting hot air to be blowing from your vents to keep your family warm but are shocked to feel cool air instead it’s definitely a sign of a failing furnace. The problem associated with this symptom isn’t a grand problem but is one that requires specialized expertise.
For any HVAC or plumbing repairs, installations, indoor air quality, architectural metal or pest help the BELOMAN is here to save the day! BELIEVE IN THE BELOMAN WAY! We’re the only HVAC and plumbing company in the Metro East to receive the 2016 Better Business Bureau TORCH Award. The award honors excellent commitment to customer service through exceptional standards for ethical business practices.
“If Comfort Is Your Plan, Call The BELOMAN“