The Pros and Cons of Space Heaters
Space heaters offer a convenient way to heat a single room in your Belleville home. Not only are they portable, but space heaters are also inexpensive. Before you buy a few space heaters for your house, carefully consider the pros and cons of using them. Here’s what you should know.
Pros of Warming Your Home with Space Heaters
1. Space heaters are relatively inexpensive. In fact, you can purchase a space heater for less than $40.
2. You can transport a space heater for other rooms. This means that you won’t have to purchase a space heater for every room in your home.
3. It’s easy to install a space heater. Whether you have a large or small model, it only takes a few seconds to get your space heater up and running. Just plug it in and adjust the settings.
4. When you operate a space heater, you can decrease the temperature on your thermostat. This is a good option if your entire home doesn’t require heat.
Cons of Warming Your Home with Space Heaters
1. Space heaters aren’t designed for extended use. Unlike your heating system, you shouldn’t run your space heater for hours at a time.
2. Operating a space heater in your home can be dangerous. Every year, there are reported deaths due to fires caused by space heaters.
3. Running multiple space heaters in your house can increase your utility bill. This is especially true if you try to heat your entire home with them.
4. You have to pay close attention to space heaters. Never leave a portable heater unattended. In addition, you’ll have to monitor your children and pets around space heaters.
Space heaters are a good backup heating source. However, they shouldn’t be used in place of your home’s heating system. If you’ve been relying on space heaters due to a faulty heating system, help is available. Schedule an appointment with BELOMAN today to examine your heating system. Our skilled technicians can repair your existing system or install a replacement. We also work with cooling systems.