Tips For Keeping Your HVAC Its Best This Fall!
With Fall officially here your air conditioning will begin cycling less frequently. It will only be a matter of time before we’ll all be switching our thermostats from cool to heat. In order to maintain a healthy life for your HVAC it’s crucial to have it properly maintained in order to keep it running its best this fall! Preparing yourself now will save you from an emergency situation when the really really cold weather arrives. Keep the following tips in mind this fall:
- Replace your filter: regularly replacing your filter is important to keep air flow properly flowing. Most filters are recommended to be changed 1-3 months depending on the quality of filter you inserted as well as the amount of dust particles in your home.
- Check your thermostat: if you have a programmable thermostat you should look into how to switch your settings from cool to heat. A simple adjustment and you’ll be ready to tackle cooler weather!
- Schedule a tune-up: by scheduling a tune-up you’ll have more peace of mind that your system will be operating efficiently and help prolong its life cycle.
- Check your outdoor unit: when checking around your outdoor unit, be sure to remove any grass, leaves, and twigs from the grate which may restrict proper airflow.
- Clean the vents: by using the hose attached to your vacuum you can wipe any excess dirt and dust that had collected over the summer. By eliminating the dirt and dust on your vents you are preventing it from being blown into your living space.
- Close up any gaps: before the really really cold weather arrives it’s a smart idea to seal up any cracks on windows and doors that are allowing outside air to enter your home.
- Think about insulation: lastly, a tip to keep your HVAC its best this fall is to think about adding more insulation into your attic and crawl space to keep your home better insulated and allow your HVAC system a break from operating so vigorously.
If you need further assistance with any of the tips mentioned above (especially #3!) give us a call—we would love to be a helping hand! BELOMAN has been serving the Metro East for over 50 years. Make your home a #BELOMANhome today. We offer heating, cooling, plumbing, indoor air quality, home energy efficiency and pest solutions to make your family’s home more comfortable. Check out our website here or give us a call at (618) BEL-OMAN!