Tankless vs. Traditional Water Heaters
Many are well aware of a conventional water heater but did you know that there are now options when it comes to the hot water flow in your home. A trending water heater is a tankless option! These water heaters heat water directly on demand as it flows through your pipes. There are many benefits to choosing a tankless water heater as well as a few cons to take into account when deciding if a tankless option is right for you!
When it may be a pro:
1. More efficient: Tankless water heaters are much more efficient compared to conventional water heaters. Because it does not have to frequently re-heat stored water, less energy is used! There also energy-saving features specific to various models.
2. It’s compact: Tankless water heaters are more compact than conventional. This is a pro because it is more visually appealing when comparing how either look in your living space. By having a tankless option you can also free up additional storage space that a conventional water heater would use.
3. Longevity: When properly maintained a tankless water heater can last up to 20 years
4. Increased home value: When it comes time to sell your home, a home with a tankless water heater will have a leg up on the competition
When it may be a con:
1. Higher upfront: Compared to a conventional option, tankless water heaters have a higher upfront cost. Because the installation of a tankless is not a DIY project and requires more skill, the installation cost may be higher. Although the upfront costs are higher don’t forget about how much energy you’ll be saving over the long run.
2. Some outpace: There are some conventional models that may outpace a tankless water heater. If you have a family with a lot of members wanting to shower in a shorter time frame you might notice a difference here for the water heater providing enough hot water.
3. Location location location: Depending on the location of the faucet to the water heater, it may take slightly longer for hot water to make it to the faucet in use. Because of this slight delay you may experience more water waste.
As in every situation there are pros and cons to take into account. When determining if a tankless option is right for your home it is important to know how each factor will affect your specific home and family’s needs. If you would like further information feel free to give us a call at (618) B-E-L-O-M-A-N or visit our website here. We would love to help you today! For any HVAC or plumbing repairs, installations, indoor air quality, sheet metal/fabrication or pest solution help give us a call. Like always, the #BELOMAN is here to save the day! BELIEVE IN THE BELOMAN WAY! We’re the only HVAC and plumbing company in the Metro East to receive the 2016 Better Business Bureau TORCH Award. The award honors excellent commitment to customer service through exceptional standards for ethical business practices.